Swim Wales Event Officer Vacancy
- Swimming, Diving, Artistic Swimming , Water Polo, Education
- National, Performance
Job Title: Swim Wales Event Officer
Employment Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th August 2021
Queries related to the role should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
*WHILST ALL SWIM WALES EVENTS ARE BASED IN WALES THE LOCATION OF THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT IS FLEXIBLE
Swim Wales is the National Governing Body for swimming, water polo, artistic swimming and diving in Wales. Its role is to lead, advise, support, extend and enhance aquatic participation for all regardless of location, age, gender, ethnicity or disability.
The Event Officer’s role will be to lead the management and delivery of the Welsh aquatics National events programme working with the National Event & Volunteer Manager. Swim Wales’ vision is to inspire individuals to compete, learn and enjoy aquatics in Wales. Swim Wales National events provide athletes an opportunity to compete at National standard including Welsh Championships and international competitions in Swimming, Open Water, Water Polo, Diving and Artistic Swimming.
- Manage and deliver the National events programme, as planned by the National Event and Volunteer Manager.
- Responding to event queries via multiple platforms of communication such as email, telephone and social media.
- Organise and manage stock, and order equipment as required.
- Check volunteer expense forms against Swim Wales’ volunteer expense policy.
- Deal with customers, volunteers, staff, officials and swimmers’ queries during meets.
- Production and administration of event information including poolside passes, front desk information, volunteer accreditation, expenses forms, car park passes and meet packs.
- Process orders and payments for purchases including requisitions and purchase orders.
- Raise purchase orders in adherence to the organisation’s financial policies.
- Manage the Welsh meet licensing calendar, including management of the Swim Wales website competition calendar.
- Availability to work unsociable hours and weekends
- Must attend all Swim Wales National events across the aquatic disciplines
- Ability to work with multiple teams of individuals to deliver high standard events
- Ability to work independently on projects
Our vision at Swim Wales is ‘Aquatics for everyone for life’ and we are committed to equal opportunity for all. We therefore welcome applications with the relevant experience from anyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.