Statement on our Return to Water from Swim Wales CEO
- Swimming, Diving, Artistic Swimming , Water Polo, Education
- National, Performance
Dear valued member of the Welsh aquatic family,
I am delighted to say that after several weeks (and months) of ongoing discussions, a national petition, front line media interviews and multiple letters to the First Minister of Wales, REVISED DATES for our return to INDOOR INDIVIDUAL AND INDOOR GROUP activity have been announced by Welsh Government. As of May 3rd BOTH INDOOR INDIVIDUAL AND INDOOR GROUP aquatic activity can re-start in Welsh swimming pools and leisure centres.
The Swim Wales team are awaiting the published detailed guidance from Welsh Government which will influence any updates on our return to water guidance. Welsh Government have confirmed that there will be no limits on group sizes for U18’s (E.G. Aquatic Clubs sessions, Learn to Swim Lessons and Private Swim Lessons) but all participants should still respect physical distancing where possible. Adult group sessions will be restricted to 15 people (E.G. Aqua Fit or Aqua Aerobics) and we understand that as we move to alert level 2 on May 17th, this will increase to 30 people.
To support a safe return to water for all our user groups, please find the link below to all of our previously published resources and guidance.
- Swim Wales Creative Coaching...Just Add Water Guidance
- Swim Wales Retraining following lockdown Guidance
- Return to Water Guidance – Participant
- Return to Water Guidance – Operators
- Return to Water Guidance - Club Training
- Return to Water Guidance - Community & Public Swimming
- Return to Water Guidance - Learn to Swim
- Return to Water Guidance - Technical Officials
- Return to Water Guidance – Diving
- Return to Water Guidance - Open Water Swimming
- Return to Water Guidance - Water Polo
- Return to Water Guidance - Artistic Swimming
- Frequently Asked questions
All safe distancing measures will still need to be observed in accordance with your facility operator and/or own working protocols regarding COVID 19. We must continue to protect each other and stay safe. I’m sure you will join us in celebrating what is a massive step forward for our activities and sport in Wales. This lockdown has been incredibly long for many people, now at last, we can focus on what we love doing and #GetInToWater.
Chief Executive, Swim Wales