We are happy to advertise your job opportunities
Swim Wales, the National Governing Body for Welsh Aquatics support all of our affiliated clubs / swim schools in advertising their job opportunities. If you would like Swim Wales to promote your job opportunities please send a brief job description, link to your website, organisation logo, contact email or telephone number and closing date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Wales Vacancies
Please see below Swim Wales Vacancies...
Swim Wales Head of Aquatics & Inclusion Vacancy
Salary: 40-50K (Depending on experience)
Responsible to: CEO
Primary responsibility: Day to day leadership, direction and management of all Swim Wales Aquatic (non-performance) and Inclusion functions in the organisation.
To lead the overall Aquatics & Inclusion agenda for the National Governing Body in Wales (Swim Wales) by defining strategic direction, creating the partner network and environments to implement the necessary programmes and initiatives that ensure that Swim Wales remain a sector leader in this area.
All Aquatics & Inclusion activity will be aligned to the wider Swim Wales strategy (STRATEGY24) working closely with the board and the CEO this role will provide the leadership, support, and guidance to several key direct reports in areas such as Pathway (Foundation Years - Bubbles® & Splash®, Learn to Swim) Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Partnerships (Government, Facilities, Health & Wellbeing) Disability Sport, Club Development, Events & Competitions, Volunteering and our wider Membership Programme.
As a ‘path finder’ leader you will manage the Aquatic & Inclusion function of the organisation responsible for ensuring that the journey for our 11+ user groups is a positive, inclusive and valuable experience. This role will also ensure that each and every touch point within our pathway has our vision ‘Aquatics for Everyone for Life’ at its core.
This role will work closely with other ‘Heads of’ and wider the leadership team at Swim Wales in areas such as Elite/Performance, Finance, Commercial, Communications and Governance and you will play a key role in shaping the strategic direction of Swim Wales though your contributions at both board and management level.
Please see below Aquatic Vacancies...
Assistant Head Coach
Bridgend County Swim Squad are looking for a new Assistant Head Coach.
Employer: Bridgend County Swim Squad
Job Title: Assistant Head Coach
Salary: £13,000 to £15,000 (Depending on experience & Qualifications)
Bridgend County Swim Squad is the only Performance based swimming club in the County Borough and is 1 of 11 Performance Clubs funded and supported by Swim Wales. Currently over 150 members, the Club has recently restructured, improving the overall development and performance pathway and solidifying strong links with Halo Leisure and Bridgend County Council. The Club looks to continue to grow in both Club Development and Performance. Bridgend County Swim Squad has a rich history of placing athletes on International & National Teams.
Carmarthen & District Swimming Club Head Coach Vacancy
Carmarthen & District Swimming Club is a Competitive Swimming Club based in Carmarthen Leisure Centre. Currently over 60 members,with aspirations to grow and expand the current training provision, the Club is currently restructuring, improving the overall development and performance pathway and solidifying strong links with Nofio Sir Gâr.
We have an ambitious and forward-thinking programme, aiming to provide an opportunity for swimmers to train, compete and enjoy the sport at all levels.
We are looking to appoint a Head Coach (self-employed) who can lead on poolside and continue recent development and success. The successful applicant will be expected to support and develop swimmers across the whole club, and mentor our volunteer support staff. In return we offer competitive remuneration and support for continued training and development.
Do you have the drive, enthusiasm, knowledge and ambition to lead us on our journey?
Key Result Areas:
- To create a training environment that allows swimmers to maximise their potential and enjoy the sport.
- To maintain and develop an effective working relationship with Nofio Sir Gâr, including preparing performance swimmers forthe transition into elite swimming.
- To support and develop the Assistant Head Coach and team of volunteer coaches.
- To plan and organise training sessions, including an annual training plan.
- To draft and over see an annual competition programme.
- To communicate effectively with members across the whole club including swimmers, coaches, parents, committee members and the local authority.
- To continually review performance, innovate and introduce new ideas.
- Abide by and promote all club policies, deliver all sessions inline with the club’s code of conduct and Swim Wales Safeguarding policy.
- Actively encourage squad swimmers to enter competitions.
- Assess the ability of swimmers wishing to join the club and either advise on areas to improve before being welcomed or allocate to appropriate squad.
- To put in place, monitor and maintain a structure for training and competing to include pre and post pool, kit selection, hydration, time management, team spirit and appropriate behaviour and conduct.
- Strong motivational ability.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to make swim sessions enjoyable and progressive.
- Efficient and effective time management.
- Approachable,friendly and engaged with swimmers of all abilities.
- Strong motivational ability.
- Ability to adapt coaching style to different age groups.
- Ideally candidates would be qualified to UKCC level 3, however we would be very interested to hear from UKCC level1/2 applicants with the ambition to develop and gain additional qualifications. Support would be available in this area for the right candidate.
● This is a self-employed position.
For an informal chat please contact Keith Evans (Chair) on 07772955353Applications are by way of CV and covering letter to the following Email address: email@example.com